Installing GalliumOS on the Dell Chromebook 13 7310 (Lulu)
This tutorial is written to describe how to upgrade the SSD in your Dell Chromebook 13.
Important: Make sure you have completed the preliminary steps of the installation instructions before upgrading the SSD.
Create ChromeOS Recovery Image/USB
Note: This step is not needed if you are planning to install GalliumOS exclusively (ie, non-dual boot) on the new SSD.
Install the new SSD
- Power off the chromebook completely; disconnect the AC power.
- Close the laptop and flip the laptop over exposing the bottom of the laptop.
- Count the number of screws on the bottom of the laptop. There should be eleven.
- Un-screw all 11 screws with a small screwdriver. Note the location of each screw.
- At the top of the laptop, gently pry the back cover off at the hinge with your barehand/fingernails. It should come off fairly easily. Set the laptop down carefully.
- Note the screw holding the SSD drive. Carefully un-screw the screw and place the screw in a safe spot.
- Gently pull the exsiting SSD out of it's slot.
- Gently install the SSD. Place the screw back in it's location securing the SSD. Do not overtighten.
- Re-attach the bottom cover to Chromebook starting with the bottom of the frame. It should just snap back in.
- Screw in all eleven screws. Make sure they are tight.
Power on the chromebook and either restore ChromeOS using your recovery USB drive or install GalliumOS