This page contains resources and answers to common issues related to installation, maintenance, and usage of GalliumOS.
- I accidentally reenabled OS verification and now I can't boot into gallium. What now?
If you are using RW_LEGACY firmware and you have not disabled the GBB flags. You can check some crossystem settings from the boot screen with
- I updated GRUB and now I can't boot. What now?
This question was resolved on reddit.
- Graphical login fails, goes back to login screen
Your internal storage is probably nearly full. The Desktop Environment (Xfce) can't start, and you're dropped back to the Greeter (login screen).
To clear disk space:
- Log in on VT2 (Press Ctrl+Alt+F2 at the login screen, enter username and password)
- Try removing unnecessary packages:
sudo apt autoremove
- And clearing the package cache:
sudo apt clean
- Reboot and try to log in again
- If that doesn't clear enough space, repeat VT2 login, and try
rm'ing unnecessary files (
$HOME/Downloadsis usually a good place to start)
When you're back in through the usual graphical login process, clear some extra space. Use a tool like Baobab to visualize your disk usage. Install with
sudo apt install baobab.
- No audio output
Here are some quick commands to try.
If you just want to start from scratch:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall galliumos-baytrail
If you haven't changed your audio config:
rm -rf $HOME/.config/pulse