Welcome to the GalliumOS Wiki
GalliumOS is a fast and lightweight Linux distro made for Chromebooks and Chromeboxes. GalliumOS delivers a complete Linux environment with full hardware support, a carefully tuned kernel, and a full-featured and attractive desktop.
Check our Hardware Compatibility table to determine whether your Chromebook or Chromebox will support GalliumOS.
GalliumOS Releases (recommended for most)
GalliumOS Nightly Builds (experimental!)
- User Forums are hosted on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalliumOS/
- Discussion happens on IRC Freenode #galliumos: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net#galliumos
- Development happens on GitHub: https://github.com/GalliumOS
- Issues are tracked on GitHub too: https://github.com/GalliumOS/galliumos-distro/issues
- Why GalliumOS?
- Installing GalliumOS
- Media keys and default keybindings
- Hardware Compatibility
- GalliumOS Media Coverage
We are a small team with a big goal, and there are plenty of ways you can get involved:
- Documentation (including this wiki!)
- Testing and profiling
- and more!
Editing this wiki
If you would like an account to add or edit pages on the GalliumOS wiki, please get in touch via #galliumos. Thank you.