Welcome to the GalliumOS Wiki
GalliumOS is a Linux distribution which has been carefully optimized for performance and compatibility on Chromebooks and Chromeboxes.
Our goal is to outperform ChromeOS on the same hardware, while delivering a full Linux environment.
Before you get started, juse in case it wasn't implied, we (the GalliumOS Team and GalliumOS Wiki contributors) WILL NOT be held responsible for any damage you do to your device when following any instructions in this wiki. We think it really sucks if you broke it, but it's not our fault.
Beta 1 has been released. Recent nightly builds are stable and will update properly to betas and releases as they become available.
- User Forums are hosted on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalliumOS/
- Discussion happens on IRC Freenode #galliumos: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net#galliumos
- Development happens on GitHub: https://github.com/GalliumOS
- Issues are tracked on GitHub too: https://github.com/GalliumOS/galliumos-distro/issues
Not sure if your Chromebook or Chromebox will support GalliumOS? Check our Hardware Compatibility list.
- GalliumOS Releases
- 1.0beta1 (current release)
- 1.0beta2 (planned for Tuesday 20160209)
- Why GalliumOS?
- Installing GalliumOS
- Media keys and default keybindings
- Hardware Compatibility
- GalliumOS Media Coverage
We are a small team with a big goal, and there are plenty of ways you can get involved:
- Documentation (including this wiki!)
- Testing and profiling
- and more!
We'd love to meet you!