Welcome to the GalliumOS Wiki
GalliumOS is a Linux distribution which has been carefully optimized for performance and compatibility on Chromebooks and Chromeboxes.
Our goal is to outperform ChromeOS on the same hardware, while delivering a full Linux environment.
Beta 1 has been released. Recent nightly builds are stable and will update properly to betas and releases as they become available.
- User Forums are hosted on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalliumOS/
- Discussion happens on IRC Freenode #galliumos: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net#galliumos
- Development happens on GitHub: https://github.com/GalliumOS
- Issues are tracked on GitHub too: https://github.com/GalliumOS/galliumos-distro/issues
Not sure if your Chromebook or Chromebox will support GalliumOS? Check our Hardware Compatibility list.
- GalliumOS Releases
- Beta 1
- 1.0 (coming soon!)
We are a small team with a big goal, and there are plenty of ways you can get involved:
- Documentation (including this wiki!)
- Testing and profiling
- and more!
We'd love to meet you!