Intel processors with Broadwell cores are very popular in newer higher-end ChromeOS devices.
Factory firmware support for coreboot and SeaBIOS is spotty, but custom firmware is also available for all Broadwell models as well -- see Firmware.
Full ROM flash is available from CoolStar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFZmoRzQ03btPCGVSa4ku6JPQik-SxD__zOd1CoB2yg/edit (for running Linux, you can follow the flashing instructions and install Linux instead of Windows)
- Bypasses the white "OS verification is OFF" screen
- Installs a complete ROM containing a coreboot build and a working SeaBIOS
- Firware removes the ability to run ChromeOS natively, creating a small risk of bricking your device
- Will wipe out all product data
- This option is the most invasive and may include bugs or idiosyncrasies that the stock firmware does not
- Fixes Graphics issues associated with the RW_LEGACY
- Fixes several issues related to ACPI
- Enables VT-x, allowing virtual machines to run faster
- Allows booting Linux, Windows and even Mac OS!